With resident yogi, Neha Duseja
THIS 4 WEEK PROGRAM WILL FOCUS ON DEVELOPING:
– More core strength and stability
– More core engagement
– Better balance and posture
– Lightness in asana practice
– More success in arm balances and inversions
Core stability and strength are essential for a healthy body. Better posture, better balance and preventing injury and back pain, all begin with a strong core. Fun, strong, sweaty practices and understanding complete core engagement to create powerful yoga postures are just some of the things to expect twice a week! Let’s get strong, let’s get stable, let’s grow full of confidence from the inside out!
Each week, we will do two practices under one theme. While the topic may be the same the sequences will differ based on the physical goal.
Week 1 – CORE STRENGTH AND STANDING BALANCES
– Theory of equal and opposites
– Principle of adduction (Unlocking inner thigh strength)
– Understanding Banda engagement in hip and spine stabilization.
– Weight distribution in the feet and channeling strength
Week 2 – ALL ABOUT THE OBLIQUES
– Understanding the difference between the internal and external obliques
– Planks and Twists
– Yoga posture alignments that help you find more oblique engagement.
– Lower back and shoulder health
Week 3 – CORE STRENGTH AND ARM BALANCES
– The relationship of the breath and core to create lightness
– The relationship of the core and lower body to create flight
– The power of pushing the floor away to engage the belly
– Exploring different arm balance shapes that need different recruitment and different core strengths
Week 4 – CORE STRENGTH AND INVERSIONS
– The relationship between the core and lower body
– Core stability and Core strength. How they are different and equally important. Isolated drills for working both aspects.
– Working with the core upside down
– Handstands, headstands, forearm stands
August 19 – September 11, 2019
Mondays & Wednesdays from 7.30 – 8.45pm.
700 AED for all 8 sessions (2x week – Monday & Wednesday)
400 AED for 4 sessions (1x week – your choices Mondays or Wednesdays)
125 AED for 1 session
ABOUT NEHA: Neha is a RYT 600 certified, international yoga teacher, who’s journey began eight years ago as a means to balance work life and a rigorous gym workout. Her love affair with yoga began in the hot room. Neha then began practicing Ashtanga and finally Vinyasa where she found her passion for arm balances, inversions and transitions. Going beyond the physical, she realized that yoga is mental stretch. Stretching limitations, imaginations and possibilities! Her love for inversions, especially handstands, has seen her train with internationally renowned experts in hand balancing, yoga, calesthenics and movement. The journey of a handstand transformed her life and it is this change that she hopes to bring to the lives of all her students!