with Davin Jones & Daniel Morgan
Join International E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher, Teacher Trainer, YACEP Davin Jones, and E-RYT 200 International Yoga Teacher, Teacher Trainer, YACEP, FRCMS and Massage Therapist Daniel Morgan for their upcoming training ‘The Methodology Upgrade’
‘The Methodology Upgrade’ Yoga Alliance accredited 30-hour training focuses on providing in-depth, experiential and applied knowledge regarding four key areas of study:
- The Power of Breath
- Movement Intelligence
- Sequencing Intelligence
- Intuitive Touch
This training was developed with the intention of providing teachers with further knowledge to take both their personal practice and their teaching capabilities to the next level.
Many 200 + 300hr trainings touch on the areas taught in this training, but often they only get covered in minimal detail – long story short, often due to intense scheduling and time restraint teachers are provided with just enough. This training intends to fill in the missing gaps on what both Davin and Dan consider to be some of the most integral and important aspects of being a Yoga Teacher.
The four modules consist of:
Power of Breath:
- What is happening Physiologically when we breathe
- Why breathing is paramount in a Yoga Asana practice
- How we utilize the Power of Breath in our Yoga Asana Practice
- Exploring what effect varying Pranayama methods have on the Nervous system and how we can Intelligently use them
- … and more
- Explore the fundamentals of Movement
- Develop Anatomical understanding of various stretching modalities and how they can be incorporated into your Movement Practices
- Flexibility vs Mobility: An exploration
- Active ROM vs Passive Rom: An exploration
- … and more
- Sequencing with Intention: The Power of your Why
- Learn to sequence with more Anatomical intelligence
- Learn to sequence with more creativity through development of themes
- Sequencing Vs Choreography: An Exploration
- … and more
- The Importance of Intuitive touch: Exploring the why, the what, and the when of assists
- Learning to Work with the nervous system, not against it!
- The Importance of Breath in Adjustments
- For them or you? Exploring the Why of Assists
- … and more
May 27 – 30, 2020:
Wednesday & Thursday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
Friday & Saturday 11am – 7pm. Total = 30 hours.
Students must attend the full course to receive the 30 CPD points, awarded by Yoga Alliance.
Full 30 hour course: 2,200 AED.
Earlybird rate (for confirmed bookings by April 30th): 2,000 AED.
More about Davin
Based in the Middle East at Niya Yoga, Davin teaches internationally at retreats, teacher trainings and workshops.
A 500 E-RYT teacher, his teachings are from the traditions of Hatha, Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga. Davin combines these styles to create classes which can be challenging on occasion, with the awareness to adapt the practice to different levels of practitioners.
With a deep love of functional anatomy, Davin guides classes with clear instruction on posture alignment to allow the practitioner to create a fundamental understanding of the physical body. His classes are known to be vinyasa based with dynamic flows through the postures and longer holds to create depth and deeper understanding of the practice.
Davin has a liking to say the least for inversions and arm balancing. Having led workshops, retreats and teacher training courses worldwide, he’s developed techniques to guide practitioners of all levels to safely bring these postures into their yoga practice.
More about Dan
Founded with a belief that the yoga practice doesn’t start and stop on the mat, Dan leads classes, workshops, retreats and trainings that encourage a deeper individual exploration.
A 200 E-RYT, YACEP, FRCms (Mobility Specialist), and Massage therapist, he leads specialised workshops & CPD Trainings, co-hosts international Yoga Teacher Trainings & Retreats, and works with a number of private clients.
With a constantly evolving professional offering and practice, taking inspiration from both traditional and modern teachings, his classes provide a balance of strength and mobility, exploring the breakdown of postures to help practitioners achieve breakthroughs in their own personal practice and development. With the ethos ‘teach people, not postures’ and a belief that everyone’s body is unique – he leads a practice that goes beyond the postures.
Having always used a physical practice as a gateway to explore the yoga practice as a deeper way of being, Dan teaches using Yoga asana (postures) as a way to ground into the present moment, and then also as a tool to move deeper into self-understanding, consciousness & awareness.